If you are looking for a standard pasta salad recipe, this is NOT it! This delicious gut healthy salad has replaced the pasta with crisp, fresh vegetables and so many Italian flavors you love. This recipe makes a large portion, so you can have lunch or a side dish for evening meals for days!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
For the Italian Vinaigrette
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon liquid stevia
For the Salad
- 4 zucchini, peeled and cut into thin, 1-inch pieces
- 2 English cucumbers, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup green olives, quartered
- ⅓ cup red onion, finely minced
- Whisk together all of the vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large salad bowl. Toss with the vinaigrette and chill before serving. Keeps in the fridge for several days. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 81 calories, 4g fat, 9g carbohydrate, 3g sugar, 504mg sodium, 3g fiber, and 2g protein
Definitely let me know what you think about this one!