This gut-healthy dish will certainly be a favorite with vegetable lovers like me. Tender cauliflower, nutrient-dense spinach, sweet pickled pimento peppers, and plump garbanzo beans all swimming in a creamy, dreamy curry sauce all make this side dish a winner. With a flavor this deep and satisfying, you may forget that it’s filled with all wholesome ingredients. Please leave a comment letting me know if you enjoyed this one!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 2 heads cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1 (15oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 5 oz bag of fresh baby spinach
- 1 (13.66oz) can coconut milk, full fat
- ½ cup pickled sweet pimento peppers, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the cauliflower florets and boil for 8 minutes, until fork tender. Drain and set aside. Wipe out the pot.
- Return the pot to medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, onion and garlic. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the curry powder and cauliflower florets and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garbanzo beans, chicken broth, spinach, coconut milk, pimentos, lime juice, salt and red pepper flakes. Mix well and reduce to low heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
One serving equals: 185 calories, 8g fat, 17g carbohydrate, 4gg sugar, 169mg sodium, 7g fiber, and 8g protein.